About the Day Program
Available in Camrose and Wetaskiwin, the Crossroads Day Program is a service for people in the community who need support and assistance to maintain their independent living situation.
Program participants continue to live in their own residence (within Camrose or Wetaskiwin and surrounding areas) and come to the program during the day for a variety of social programs.
The Crossroads Day Program is available in the following locations:
Monday - Thursday
4612 53 Street
4501 60 Street
Peace Hills Lodge
For more information, please see below or read our information brochure.
Activities & Services
The program provides a variety of activities that may include:
Programs are scheduled from mid-morning to mid-afternoon.
- Recreation and leisure activities
- Special diets
- Family education and support
- These programs are scheduled from mid-morning to mid-afternoon each weekday.
Eligibility & Fees
Anyone can refer to the program. If you are receiving Home Care services, the Home Care Case Coordinators are a helpful resource. Referral forms can also be picked up from the Crossroads Day Program Coordinator.
- There is no daily attendance fee associated with this program.
- There is a fee for the optional lunch and snacks ($10).
In order to participate in the program, clients must:
- be registered as a Home Care client;
- be assessed as requiring a type of Wellness Services;
- be a resident of Alberta;
- be living in the community or in the process of being discharged home;
- have and maintain contact with a physician in the community;
- be motivated to become involved and participate in the program;
- be able to function in a group and not demonstrate behaviour harmful to themselves or others;
- not require constant one-to-one supervision; and,
- be able to attend on a regular basis.
Each potential participant is assessed to identify their needs and to ensure the services being provided can be adapted to address their needs. We welcome:
- individuals with memory impairments
- individuals with chronic health issues, whether physical, mental, emotional or social in nature