To view a listing and description of Webinar sessions, please see below or download the PDF .
Rosehaven Webinar Sessions are held on the third Tuesday of each month from 1400-1530 hrs.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must include:
- session name
- your full name and contact number
- facility name and location
- your email address (to send pre-session materials)
If you have questions or concerns, contact the Rosehaven Provincial Program:.
Webinar Sessions 2016-2017
Creating a Therapeutic Relationship
September 20, 2016
- Define person-centred care.
- Review examples of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Review communication strengths and deficits of individuals with cognitive impairment.
- Identify the use of verbal prompts, announcements, object cueing, touch, music, humour and choice in Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care.
- Identify written communication tools to use with clients with cognitive impairment – memory boards, pictures and symbols, letters, books and personal items.
Fall Prevention in the Elderly
October 18, 2016
- Recognize signs of impaired mobility.
- Recognize risks associated with falls for seniors.
- Explain how to maintain and maximize functional abilities.
- Review tools used to evaluate fall risk.
- Identify your role in the team approach to fall prevention and maximizing client’s functional mobility.
Developing Relationships While Maintaining Boundaries
November 15, 2016
- Define professional boundaries.
- Differentiate between boundary crossing and boundary violation.
- Discuss boundary issues that may arise with clients and families (touch, power, social media, gift giving/receiving, dual relationships).
December 20, 2016
- Define Retrogenesis.
- Review the stages of Alzheimer Disease, and become familiar with the Brief Cognitive Rating Scale and the Functional Assessment Staging in relation to the stages of Alzheimer Disease.
- Review a case study and determine the stage of Alzheimer Disease and suggested care strategies.
Common Forms of Dementia
January 17, 2017
- Define dementia.
- Identify the most common forms of dementia – Alzheimer Disease, Vascular dementia, Dementia with Lewy Bodies and Fronto-temporal dementia.
February 21, 2017
- Define and describe delirium.
- List common causes of delirium in the elderly.
- Describe the risk factors for delirium.
- Identify signs and symptoms that may indicate delirium.
Depression in the Elderly
March 21, 2017
- Identify signs and symptoms of depression.
- Review the diagnosis of depression.
- Identify risk factors of depression in the elderly.
- Compare depression and dementia symptoms.
- Identify the role of the health care staff in caring for elderly clients living with depression.
Families as Partners in Care
April 18, 2017
- Define Family.
- Examine the role of families in your work setting.
- Review common situations that families may encounter.
- Identify and understand why families may respond to stress in a variety of ways.
- Review strategies to facilitate family involvement.
- Define caregiver stress and caregiver burden.
Leadership in Continuing Care
May 16, 2017
- Define Emotional Intelligence and components of emotional intelligence.
- Describe the relationship between emotional intelligence and effective leadership performance.
- Identify 3 ways to develop a positive work environment.